Pages

Monday 11 May 2020

Hedgehogs

 I like hedgehogs.

My grandma used to have baby hedgehogs. The baby hedgehogs lost their mother. My grandma knows how to hold a hedgehog.

One day we had to go and feed Sam. When we got there Grandma saw a Hedgehog.  The hedgehog was a boy.  We picked up the hedgehog and put it on my lap. She told me not to move otherwise it will point me. She says do not feed it milk or bread because it will kill it.

I wanted to bring it home. So we put it in the back of the truck. A couple days later I went to have a sleepover at somebody's house.  Grandma said  it didn't look good. It's heart was beating really fast.

I went inside for a couple of hours.  I went back and looked at the  Hedgehog. It had died.  I was so sad even grandma and grandad were.  We had to dig a hole and put it there and say goodbye.








7 comments:

  1. Hi Jasmine. Thank you for sharing about the hedgehogs. In your writing you said you had to feed Sam - who or what is Sam? What do hedgehogs eat? I did not know you could not feed them bread or milk. It was so sad that the hedgehog died, but good on you for trying to save it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam is a dog the next door neighbour said we had to go and feed it she had to go out for the hedgehogs can eat dog jelly meat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jasmine. Nice to read about the hedgehogs and I also did not know that you can't feed them bread or milk. I have never held a baby hedgehog and not sure I would want to! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello JAsmine.
    You have been very busy completing lots of tasks.Well done.
    I know that holding a hedgehog can be tricky because of the prickles.I know that they aren't allowed bread and milk so we give the one around our house cat biscuits.We call it Mr Pickles.
    That was so nice of you to bury it.What a kind gesture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jasmine
    Really nice retell about your hedgehog. I like way you used paragraphs and how you spaced out you story. It made it really easy to read. Great to see all your capitals and full-stops top.
    I'm sorry your little hedgehog died, but its nice your grandparents helped you to say good-bye.
    Thanks for blogging, I like to see what you have been doing

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Helpful- A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post